Thursday, June 23, 2011

First Steps and a Challenge

Grayson took his first steps Tuesday. Wow. 
I think we were all shocked right after he did it.


Every night we "practice" walking. You know, Dan and I would stand roughly 2 ft away from each other, we'd stand G up, and see if he'd actually take a step. Usually he just sits down after a minute or so...but this Tuesday was different. Dan was making this ridiculous face and noise - Grayson just got so excited he walked right to him! 


I was afraid that it was a once and done deal..but he's kept it up. Not that it's much, maybe a couple steps - but he keeps trying, which I LOVE. He stands on his own, takes a couple steps and falls...but if you pick him back up, he'll try it again and again. So proud of the little guy.


On a completely different note, I've given myself a challenge. A Book challenge. It's hard to believe I used to go through multiple books in a week, when recently,  I haven't picked up a book in a couple months (so embarrassed to admit that) I don't want to blame becoming a parent because that's a not so good excuse. I make time for other things, like being on Facebook, internet surfing, shopping, watching movies. I guess when I finally have down time, I don't want to THINK. Which is weird since reading really is one of the most relaxing activities out there!


I'm giving myself a goal of 5 books by Labor Day. After Labor Day hits, we'll see where I'm at and adjust for the next couple months. 


I want to make sure I'm setting a good example for G - we read to him every night, and it's an important part of our day- But he needs to see us setting the example. When I say "US", I mean ME. Dan's book appetite hasn't slowed down, so I just need to catch back up. 


Wish me luck. 


I'm going to try to post the book I'm currently reading in the side bar - if I'm able to make a list, I'll do that. That way, I can see my own progress.


So fun. 







2 comments:

  1. I used to read tons and tons also and quit around the time Delia was born. I'd rather be super lazy, lay on the couch and zone out to mindless tv. So sad, haha! I keep telling myself I'm going to read this and read that and then never pick it up! Can't wait to hear what you read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is SO fun watching your baby's firsts. and the steps are a big one! naomi only wants us to walk her around everywhere, so i'm looking forward to when she can walk! she turns 9 months next week-gah, i can't believe it!

    way to go on the reading thing! i think it is super important for your kiddos to see you doing something you enjoy too!

    ReplyDelete