Thursday, June 30, 2011

11 Months - More Challenges


crappy pic from my phone. Sorry!
11 Months

*G's biggest accomplishment this month was taking his first steps! He's been impressing us everyday with his walking skillz. No joke! Crawling is still his most efficient way of getting around, but he's constantly pulling himself up and then walking to something (or someone) else. 

*Our bedtime routine has changed - He stays up until 8! This 1 hour makes a HUGE difference for me. 
Dan picks G up from Daycare at 5, brings him home, plays a little and starts giving G his dinner at around 6. When I walk through the door, Grayson is usually almost done with dinner. So I eat quickly, and then play with him until about 7:45 while Dan goes to workout. At 7:45 I start G's bedtime routine which is bath, bottle, book, bed. 
The past couple days we've been doing bath immediately after dinner because of the mess he creates while consuming his food. 


* He says a new word: UH-OH. Thanks Pepere - for teaching Grayson his favorite new saying:)
*He's started to really lunge for one of us, Dan or I, depending on his mood. 


random weekend pictures:


He doesn't like to be on the floor when I'm getting ready. This is actually easier then having him climb up my leg when I'm blow drying my hair. 

Saturday, we met up with Grandma and Pepere to visit the Lebanon Arts Festival....which took all of maybe a half hour to walk through. So afterwards, we headed to the region's largest high-end home show - Homearama! We toured 5 homes, while Dan backpacked G. 
He behaved very well, and was pretty tired afterwards. 


Loading up!


And if you didn't think he was going to be a climber.....here you go!




Ok, so we're done with the update - now to the challenge. Not my book challenge - (just finished book 2, woo hoo!) It's a blog challenge.

The past couple months, I've been trying to think of how I want to summarize our year with Grayson. Since there are many things I'd like to "go back to" now that it's been almost a year, I'm challenging myself to blogging EVERY DAY. 

That being said, I have full rights to just post a picture with a caption - every new picture brings you back to that moment, even for a second, and I'd like to remember some of those moments this month.   

So - wish me luck on another challenge, as I go back in time. I hope you enjoy it with me:)


1 comment:

  1. I love that idea! So true looking at the pictures really bring you back! :( one year! holy crap!
    I think you guys need to have another baby, so I can relive being pregnant vicariously through your blog :) haha

    ReplyDelete