At my 38 week appt I had made almost no additional progress from the previous week. I'm currently sitting at 1cm and about the same effacement. Wah. No matter how much you try to convince yourself that you *know* the numbers don't mean a thing, at the end of the pregnancy you really want to hear something. And yes, I do ask to be checked because I'm just way too curious.
Other then being uncomfortable, I'm still having a couple hours of contractions every other night or so that clearly go no where.
On a completely side topic and "story to tell our kids one day"...Dan had to have an appendectomy Monday afternoon. After being up ALL Sunday evening (both of us), he made an appointment with his doctor to see what the deal was...hoping that maybe he had pulled a muscle/hernia. The doctor did one test and confirmed exactly what we didn't want to hear. He needed to go to the hospital immediately for an appendectomy. I freaked out at first because I had heard through the grapevine that the hospital stay was 3-4 nights. UM. That's not going to work.
Luckily, they got him into surgery ASAP and told us we could go home almost immediately afterwards!!
Not saying this has been easy. He's been in pain, taking doses of Oxycodon (sp?) and been pretty much not helpful for the past couple of days. I'm super tired because I get to deal with an active toddler who really really REALLY wants to play on the daddy jungle gym and can't. So I have to keep him busy doing other activities, which I swear make him want to play on Dan MORE.
This has been the most tired I've ever been. While I would love to have Bridget here, I'm actually way too tired for her to come. Along with the fact that Dan would basically be useless to me during labor at this point...Like, he wouldn't even be able to drive me to the hospital. We've been joking about it the past couple of days. We'd actually have to call our neighors or parents to drive us to the hospital if I went into labor! He's started to wean himself off the medication, but I don't think he'll feel much better until friday.
- Total weight gain: 21lbs
- Maternity clothes? Yep, I've been wearing tops. STILL haven't bought maternity pants yet....I have a pair of pre-preg skinny jeans that fit and leggings have been my BFF. The weather here has been really odd. Really nice and in the 70's one day, and then 42 (today)
- Stretch marks? still none
- Sleep: MEH.
- Best moment this week: Getting to bring Dan home from the hospital and not needing an overnight stay!
- Miss Anything? Regular clothes!!!!! And a DRINK. I really need one.
- Movement: a lot of pressure down low. Her movement has slowed down a bit it seems
- Food cravings: Meh. Not much, honestly.
- Food aversions: nothing really
- Gender: Girl:)
- Labor Signs: Contractions, 1cm dilated, 70% effaced
- Symptoms: My RLP is still pretty bad. I have a ton of pressure down low.
- Belly Button in or out? Out.
- Wedding rings on or off? On.
- Looking forward to: Hopefully a non-eventful weekend. If Dan's feeling better, then Bridget can make her debut.
- Feelings-physically I'm feeling done. Emotionally I'm pretty much ready for her. I need Dan to catch up with my on the physical part. I really need him to be more "awake" during our labor :)