So we figured out the best way to keep Grayson busy on the weekends: Petting Zoo.
We've decided to try out the Hall-Zoo-ween this year - they seem to have a great program for little kids...and hopefully his newfound interest in animals will keep him entertained.
I posted a couple months ago that we added someone to our family: Brewsky! He has been an AMAZING addition to our family...the.perfect.dog. Especially for us. He is such a sweet, cuddly guy. A little too cuddly at times - he totally thinks he's a lapdog!
At first we were a bit overwhelmed by the amount of HAIR he shed...but we realized a week or so ago, that it's calmed down a ton. We think it's because he's more comfortable with us and healthy! He had a couple ear infections and eye issues that we were medicating him for, and now he's pretty much 100%. I mean...he still sheds...but not nearly as much as what we were dealing with the first month or so (I would vaccum every other day and pick up a TON of hair!!)
We love him so much...that we will most likely get dog #2 in another 2 years. Unfortunately, B is a little old (8 next month) and we think he'll be a great, calm example for a puppy (if we decide to go the puppy route next time, that part is not decided) We don't want Grayson to be without a dog at this point since he is so in love with his "doggy". It doesn't hurt that we went to Home Depot the other day and saw THE CUTEST Golden Retriever puppy. OMIGOD!!!
I grew up with very small/non shedding dogs and really love having a big family dog around. We take a walk every night to the open fields in our development and let B and G run around. They both love it - it gets G a little tired for bed since he's running around, and gets B some healthy dog excersice.
Dan's Birthday Celebration
We did Dan's bday Celebration a bit early for a couple reasons:
1. Dan is hoping beyond HOPE that his little girl is either born on his Birthday OR Halloween. (I'm really not a fan of her being born on Halloween...REALLY.)
2. As we get closer to Dan's Bday - we contend with a lot of Halloween parties....
3. We thought it would be nice to "get it done" before things got really crazy and before Bridget (yep - we named her!) arrvies
We went to Nicholsons Gastropub downtown and had a fabulous time.
We were going to wait to announce the name of our little girl, but there have been a couple instances where we slipped (since we refer to her as Bridget at home for Grayson to start getting used to)
Our name choice was a hard one - because we actually don't know if she's going to be a Bridget OR an Alivia! Alivia (specifically Olivia) is super popular and we were a little hesitant to use it as a first name....Bridget Alivia flows really nicely and we decided if she comes out looking like an Alivia, then she will just go by her middle name. And apparently it's a huge southern thing to go by your middle name - had no clue!
Is almost done! Crossing our fingers it's completed today - we've been trying to stay out of our house since friday..gah!
Switching to a midwife group was seriously one of the best decisions I've ever made. Dan and I went to my 34 week appt together to go over some birth details and ask some questions - the midwife again assured me I was growing completely fine - Bridget is measuring at exactly 34 weeks now - yey! Again, she is the second midwife to tell me she doesn't think I'll have another 8lb baby...which means this labor and delivery is going to feel easy compared to Graysons :) (right?!)
Not gonna lie - they were not happy about "getting thier picture taken" - The Birthday Boys
P.S - my husbands pretty good looking!
- Total weight gain: 18lbs - (official Doc weight gain!)
- Maternity clothes? Still just tops right now...this weekend I have to go out and buy some fancy yoga pants that will substitute as "work" pants. I refuse to buy maternity pants at this stage of the game.
- Stretch marks? none yet
- Sleep: Mehhhhh....not so good. I'm getting flashbacks to when I was pregnant with Grayson. Ha. Why must my children be awake at night?!!
- Best moment this week: Getting to see Bridget on U/S again! Our midwife wanted to calm our fears about baby being head up and popped us in the U/S room for a quick viewing. She looked perfect - and head down!
- Miss Anything? RED wine. I went out to dinner with co-workers and someone ordered a red wine and the smell was DIVINE..
- Movement: A lot of big movements!
- Food cravings: I've been drinking a lot of Powerade
- Food aversions: nothing really
- Gender: Girl:)
- Labor Signs: I happened to have a couple hours of untimeable contractions Wednesday afternoon. It's my day off with Grayson, so I'm usually a bit more active on those days....
- Symptoms: Leaking. Getting physically a bit more tired.
- Belly Button in or out? Out.
- Wedding rings on or off? On.
- Looking forward to: Getting the wainscotting finished in the hallway and foyer!!! It's about 3/4 done AS WE SPEAK! It should be finished by this afternoon.
- Feelings- Again, still feeling really good. Getting a little anxious as we get closer to the due date.