Saturday, June 2, 2012

Week 16 and 17 double post!

And we still don't know what we're having! I went to the ultrasound last week filled up on a ton of orange juice and the baby was certainly moving around...except the ultrasound tech needed ONE more shot to confirm the sex and just couldn't get it. The umbilical cord was blocking the good view...hopefully when we go back today, we'll find out what we're having.



****
We had family come into town for my father-in-law's 60th birthday celebration and it ended up being a really good, HOT, weekend. Grayson and his cousin Felix got to hang out a lot together and they seemed to be on a pretty similar schedule with bedtime/naps which was nice! 


****






And the weekly Quiz!



                                                 

  • How far along?  16 weeks 
  • Total weight gain:  2-3lbs. I think this past weekend was a jump starter in the weight gain department. Next friday's Doc appt should show a decent gain. 
  • Maternity clothes?  None
  • Stretch marks? None
  • Sleep: Fine
  • Best moment this week:  Getting to see the baby even though he/she wouldn't show us the goods! 
  • Miss Anything? Just an alcoholic beverage once in awhile
  • Movement: Kicks!
  • Food cravings: Meh, nothing.
  • Food aversions: I'm able to drink coffee again, although I don't really feel like it and still order iced when we go out. 
  • Gender: Not sure - maybe we'll find out this week! 
  • Labor Signs: None
  • Symptoms: nothing much. 
  • Belly Button in or out? hmmm, I wouldn't say ALL the way out, but it's pretty "out". It hasn't officially "popped" yet. 
  • Wedding rings on or off? On
  • Looking forward to:  Finding out the gender! 

I definitely had a big growth spurt this week and am DEFINITELY starting to feel pregnant.
Below is my 17 week quiz



  • How far along?  17 weeks
  • Total weight gain:  I'm getting between 3-5lbs. I'll get a good "official" weight gain at my 18 week appt next week. 
  • Maternity clothes?  None. Although I didn't wear any pants to work this week. I wore sundresses since they are WAY more comfortable. 
  • Stretch marks? None
  • Sleep: Still good. Although it's getting harder to sleep comfortably on my stomach. I'll sleep on my stomach as long as possible since I have a super hard time sleeping in any other position. 
  • Best moment this week:  Hearing Grayson say "More" at the dinner table. Definitely feeling much stronger kicks. Dan started giving me lower back massages..yes, he is awesome
  • Miss Anything? Just an alcoholic beverage once in awhile
  • Movement: Kicks - and they seem to be pretty strong!
  • Food cravings: Meh, nothing.
  • Food aversions: I'm able to drink coffee again, although I don't really feel like it and still order iced when we go out. 
  • Gender: Not sure - hopefully we'll find out today!
  • Labor Signs: None
  • Symptoms: definitely feeling "heavier" down there. It's a very odd explanation, but I remember the feeling when I was pg with Grayson. 
  • Belly Button in or out? hmmm, I wouldn't say ALL the way out, but it's pretty "out". It hasn't officially "popped" yet. 
  • Wedding rings on or off? On
  • Looking forward to:  Finding out the gender! 


On another note, I've been looking into a gym for Grayson to take some type of "Sports Class" at. I finally found one, the Kids First Sports Center, and since it was raining yesterday, decided to check it out. 

The great thing about this center is that it offers multiple levels of Gymnastics, Soccer, Trampolining, Swimming, Dance, AND karate. When we found out we were having a little boy, Dan was super excited to do some sort of Karate or TaeKwonDo with him - total win-win. 

Grayson can start the Karate and Soccer program at 2...so since he won't officially be 2 until the end of July, he'll be allowed to sign up for either Gymnastics or Swimming. We will be signing him up for the gymnastics! 

The gym was BEAUTIFUL. The picture below doesn't do the center justice because that is only a SMALL section of the massive Gymnastics arena they have. It was honestly unbelievable. I've been to a handful of cheer/gymnastics gyms in my time, and this one FAR outdid any of the ones I've been to. 

When mentioning this to the women at the front desk she mentioned that is actually WAS THE biggest Gymnastics Center in the U.S. And...a SUPER plus...they have a Cafe in the parent waiting area. So while your child is taking classes, you can relax with coffee, salad, or sandwich. Nice. 

Another huge plus - They have a pre-school program. I'm hoping to drag Dan in this weekend (summer session for Gymnastics starts next week) and hopefully we can enroll the little dude in a fun activity this summer! 






No comments:

Post a Comment