Friday, June 8, 2012

18 weeks!

I can sum this week up in one word: Exhausting. 


I honestly still can't believe it's already friday - I'm trying to get this post in while G eats breakfast. In about 45 minture I'll be enjoying a facial/massage at Becoming Mom...I've racked up a couple gift certificates there and am totally looking to put them to good use. SOOO worth it. Last pregnancy Dan mentioned that if it helped me feel that much better, I could totally do it more often with the next. Well. You don't have to tell me twice! 


The back pain has started which I was really surprised about. I've always had a certain spot in my lower back that would give me problems even after G was born, but it was never a big issue....so I should've seen this coming. Either way, it's not terrible, just a little funny when I lay down at night with G and literally can't get up off the floor. 


So Grayson realllllyyyyy (get it? really?) likes his gymnastics class. It's so adorable. The class is parent + child until the child turns 3. Grayson monkey-man'd himself to me for the first 5-10 minutes of class, but afterwards had a ton of fun. They start the class singing a couple of songs and then jump into  "playing" in the sectioned area they are in. There were multiple ladders, a mini trampoline, slides, balance beams, rings, a bar, and a "forward roll" area. Grayson's favorite in the toddler section were the rings. He loves to just hang and swing. 


After the kids played in their sectioned area, they were allowed to go out to the "running trampoline" I'm pretty sure Grayson would've stayed there the whole day if we let him. He thought it was the coolest thing ever. At the end of the long trampoline, the kids are encouraged to jump into a pit of soft balls. G wasn't so sure about jumping in at first, but after he got in the pit, he was definitely up for moving around in it. 


After THAT, the kids went back to their section, they played with bubbles....and THEN played with the parachute. My GOD, my child was so delighted by that parachute! I wish I had video of his excitement. Since I wasn't sure about pictures/videos, I didn't bring my camera/phone into the class...I will next time since a bunch of the parents in the class were taking pics. 


All in all, it was a really great class...especially for G. I loved seeing him get so excited at all the different activities...totally worth the expense! 


And now for my weekly update:






  • How far along?  18 weeks
  • Total weight gain:  my official weight check-in was 4lbs - not bad! (total side note, I thought I had gained 10 lbs this week when I weighed myself at work...apparently the scale was tipped a couple pds...I got back on it later on in the day and it was exactly what the doctors scale said!) 
  • Maternity clothes?  None.
  • Stretch marks? None  
  • Sleep:  Starting to sleep on my side. This little girl likes to kick a lot when I'm on my stomach!
  • Best moment this week:  Finding out we're having a girl and receiving awesome packages of clothes from 2 friends who clearly want to spoil this little one! 
  • Miss Anything? right now, nothing.
  • Movement: Movement is getting more frequent. Every night both Dan and I can sit on the couch and feel her move around
  • Food cravings: Nothing
  • Food aversions: Coffee still once in awhile
  • Gender: GIRL!
  • Labor Signs: Nothing
  • Symptoms: Getting uncomfortable to sleep on my stomach
  • Belly Button in or out? meh. It's pretty much out.
  • Wedding rings on or off? On.
  • Looking forward to:  my massage and leaving for vacation NEXT weekend! GAH! 
  • Feelings: Ok, so the reason why I was exhausted...not because of being pregnant..but because my Hard Drive on my work laptop WENT. I was having issues with not being able to log-in to certain things, so IT advised me to re-start...when I did, NOTHING came back up. Everything was lost. This happened Tuesday and finally...IT called me Thursday to let me know they retrieved the ONE file that I was having I mild heart attack over. I was honestly worrying myself to death...until I got that beautiful phone call. HA! 
Other then my computer issues, I still feel really awesome this pregnancy. I hope to never have the hormonal issues I did with Grayson ever again. I love not being a crazy pregnant lady! I haven't had any random meltdowns (other then possible crying a tear or two about my work laptop..but who wouldn't?) and seriously still feel so much calmer and together this pregnancy. I don't get annoyed easily with people. if anything, I'm a bit more patient. Weird. 

Anyway, hope everyone has a great weekend! 

2 comments:

  1. You look so cute! Did you come up with a name yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet!! We have a couple we really like but nothing that we are dead set on. Boo.

      Delete