Friday, August 6, 2010

Grayson's HERE!

OMG. He is seriously amazing...
He arrived Friday July 30th, 2010 at 11:49 am - 8lbs 1 oz and 21 inches long.
He's already grown so much in the 9 days he's been with us. The past couple of days he keeps his eyes open longer and longer.We're not quite sure on the eye color yet - they are currently a hazel-dark blue.

Becoming a parent has been the single best experienced of my life. I never would have imagined the amount of love I have for my little guy, it's truly impressive. I could just stare at him all day. No Joke

Both Dan and I have adjusted really well to having our new addition. Dan has been home the whole week, and it's been awesome...I love having him here and being able to be a family together. He gets to feed Grayson (I'm pumping), change him, cuddle with him, and get to experience the early firsts with me.

A little about Grayson so far:
Left the hospital weighing 7lbs 10 oz

At his one week weigh-in he is at 8lbs and 2 oz


Likes: Cuddles, Kisses, Tummy Time!, Peeing on his changing table - actually- peeing everywhere, hitting himself in the face with his own hands

Doesn't like: A wet diaper
Having his diaper changed
Getting blood taken
Being Hungry

Hair Color: Brownish

Eye Color: Hazel-Dark Blue (for the time being)

How much does he eat: Currently 3 ounces every 2-3 hours. But, I think that will be increasing soon...he's been sucking those down pretty quickly lately.

Now, For the POST PARTUM QUIZ:

  • How far along were you when you had your baby? 39 weeks (I was told at the hospital my official due date was actually August 6th, not 4th)
  • How long was labor? 11.5 hours
  • Total weight gain: 23lbs
  • Total weight loss since: all except 3-5lbs.
  • Back into your own clothes yet? Well- since my chest is actually even larger now then when I was pregnant - I literally have NO TOPS that fit me, with the exception of the maternity ones that I had. My pre-preg pants fit, some of the very fitted ones don't yet fit (they may never since it's mostly my hips they don't fit)
  • Did you get stretch marks? NONE!
  • Did you deliver vaginally or by c-section? Vaginally.
  • Best moment this week: Seeing Grayson's little eyes open more and more
  • What I miss about being pregnant: I don't really think there's anything I miss about being pregnant...
  • How big is baby: At his one week appt he had surpassed his birthweight and is at 8lbs 2 ounces.
  • Baby's temperament? Content
  • What I am looking forward to: when he can interact a little more with us!

I will definitely have some pictures in the next blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment