Monday, May 16, 2011

O CHEERIO!

Weather for the week: Rain Everyday
Weather for Saturday: Sunny
Me: Let's go to the Zoo!!!!! 

I have been stalking weather.com like it's my job. And finally, I saw a couple days ago that Saturday was going to be sunny. So I waited...and today, it still says SUNNY! I am praying that the sun stays out and we can take G to the Zoo to see the Zoo babies. The weather will be a perfect 75 out. 

We got lucky this weekend with a little bit of sunshine at the end of the day, great for the Puppy Shower we had for our friends Laura + John. I'm so excited to announce they brought their little puppy Scout home yesterday. I cannot WAIT to meet him. I've already seen pictures, and he's quite the adorable pup. He's gonna have a lot of little boys to play with! 

Dan wasn't here last week, and to be honest, It was really easy taking care of G on my own. What wasn't so easy? He had a double ear infection. I knew something was up Monday night because he was pretty fussy going down to sleep..but I just ignored it, thinking that he may have just been acting up. 

Fast forward to Tuesday night where neither of us slept because he refused to lay down (hello double ear infection!) He's such a little stinker. He acts all fine during the day, and then like a werewolf, turns into this little monster at night. I do feel bad, though. Ear Infections are pretty awful, and I'm sure I'd scream all night if I had one, too. He's doing much better now. 

Of course a picture of the G-man
Concentrate...the cheerio WILL go into my mouth

This past week has been really emotional for me, for my family, and for my friends. This coming week is going to be even more emotional for a VERY good friend of mine. I've been playing this song over and over. Not to be all corny, but it seriously kept my head up!

So for anyone who needs a little pick-me-up!

"The glow that the sun gives 
Right around sunset 
Helps me realize 
This is just a journey 
Drop your worries 
You are gonna turn out fine. 
Oh, you'll turn out fine. 
Fine, oh, you'll turn out fine. 

But you gotta keep your head up, oh, 
And you can let your hair down, eh. 
you gotta keep your head up, oh, 
And you can let your hair down, eh."

No comments:

Post a Comment