Monday, October 15, 2012

36.5 week Comparison

 
I'm a little delayed in writing this post. We've had a lot going on...
 
Because of the passing of a very dear boy, Dan and I made the 11ish hour trip back to CT to say our goodbyes. In preperation to travel, I had my appt thursday where they basically printed out my whole medical history and delivered it to me in a manila envelope stating "do not go anywhere without this". We also were instructed to map out every hospital on the way to CT just in case.
 
Because of the patience and confidence of the midwives, we felt pretty comfortable making the trip without any issues. We were "supposed" to stop every two hours...and totally failed on that front. I was very anxious to "just get home" and made sure to move my ankles around, etc.
 
We did the trip in one shot on the way TO CT, but decided to leave Saturday evening to break it up a bit on the way back. Although it wasn't terrible, I really wasn't excited about getting back in the car for a full 12 hours in one day and we wanted to get back home to Grayson since it was the first time we'd left him for two nights, and been so far away from him.
 
All in all, I'm very happy we were able to go home.
 
******
I really like looking back and "Comparing Bellies"
 
The left is myself 37 weeks pregnant with Grayson, and the right is me 36.5 with Bridget. Just noticed how tired I look in both pictures. Ha! 
 
 

  • How far along? 36 weeks
    • Total weight gain:  20lbs according to the docs scale
    • Maternity clothes?  Yep, I've been wearing tops. Haven't bought maternity pants yet. It's "casual dress" all week at work, so I'm still holding off....:)
    • Stretch marks? still none
    • Sleep:  Pretty terrible last week - not necessarily pregnancy related.
    • Best moment this week: Getting to see family, even under the sad circumstances
    • Miss Anything? Regular clothes. Definitely. And my movement is becoming limited...
    • Movement: A lot of big movements still.
    • Food cravings: Meh. Not much, honestly.
    • Food aversions: nothing really
    • Gender: Girl:)
    • Labor Signs: Cramping a bit more. I was checked last week at my appt before leaving for CT and I wasn't dilated at all, but 50% effaced. Bridget is also measuring AHEAD now..she was consistently measuring a week or 2 behind, which is fine, but it may be the reason why I clearly look much larger these past 2 weeks all of a sudden. Baby girl had a growth spurt!
    • Symptoms: RLP is getting pretty bad. I had to really slow down on the elliptical today because I was being so bothered!
    • Belly Button in or out? Out.
    • Wedding rings on or off? On.
    • Looking forward to: This weekend with my family. We're hoping to go pumpkin picking and do the HallZooWeen. The weather is looking a little gloomy, so we'll see.
    • Feelings-  Starting to feel done. I'm getting to that uncomfortable stage in pregnancy where my belly is taking over everything. I'm definitley better this time around then when I was pg with Grayson, but it's still starting to get a bit tiring.

    1 comment:

    1. so sorry about the passing of tuck. glad you could make it home safely.now get some rest while you can!!!

      ReplyDelete