Tuesday, September 18, 2012

32 Weeks

This may be a long post- so watch out!

I wanted to do a quick re-cap of our weekend. I mentioned a couple weeks ago that we were going to attempt to take a trip to the Indianapolis Children's Museum. We were about 1 click away from reserving our hotel room when we decided to double check if it would truly beneficial for us to visit. Thank God we did because upon closer investigation we found that the toddler section of the museum was being completely renovated and wouldn't be open again until next summer.

We racked our brains for last minute trips and couldn't really find anything that fit what we were looking for and  that was so last minute. Finally, Dan found a link to Youngs Dairy Farm, a perfect place to take Grayson. Saturday we took the trip up to Yellow Springs, OH to enjoy a truly beautiful fall day. They had a cute little outdoor play area that included a bouncy house, slide, "corn pit", petting zoo, mini golf, and train ride. Beyond that, there are batting cages, mini golf (for bigger sized people), a huge slide, homemade icecream, and a driving range.

I'm so glad we got to take the trip in with Grayson. He really enjoyed the animals and the toddler specific area they had.







  • How far along?  32 Weeks. (I look way small in this picture and I think it's just the angle)
    • Total weight gain:  17lbs (official doc weight gain)
    • Maternity clothes? Still just tops right now...I have eight weeks left and am REALLY trying not to buy any maternity pants. I think I'll make it...
    • Stretch marks? none yet
    • Sleep:  Still pretty good, although I'm starting to have a bit more trouble falling asleep because of being uncomfortable.
    • Best moment this week: Spending a nice weekend with my family
    • Miss Anything? Not really
    • Movement: A lot of big movements!
    • Food cravings: None.
    • Food aversions: nothing really
    • Gender: Girl:)
    • Labor Signs: Still have some braxton hicks here and there. I've also just started to get a bit crampy.
    • Symptoms: Leaking. Getting physically a bit more tired.
    • Belly Button in or out? Out.
    • Wedding rings on or off? On.
    • Looking forward to: since I'm late on this post, I will still use it as my "looking forward to"...but tonight we attended a "Meet the Midwives" session. Dan has been limited in attending my appointments this go around and it was the perfect time to meet ALL of the midwives at the same time..and get a tour of the hospital. Instead of delivering at The Christ Hospital like we did with Grayson, we'll be delivering at Good Samaritan. The meeting went really well and I think Dan and I are both still in a bit of shock that this is going to be happening again in the very near future!
    • Feelings- still feel really good!! Trying to get myself prepared for 2 kids. wow.
    Some Randomish Updates that are worth noting:
    • Grayson has pretty much stopped taking naps altogether. Meh. It's not terrible...he's not AS crazy as he used to be. Still a ton of energy, but he'll also sit down and play with his trains/cars/etc.
    • Grayson has also gotten very clingy to me...he knows something is up. If both Dan and I are home with him, I have to be the one to change his diaper, change his clothes, and basically do anything that invloves settling a temper.
    • Daddy and G Gymnastics: Dan has been going to gymnastics class with Grayson and it's been really nice. I drive G to the class and get to sit and watch..which is SO nice!
    • Maternity leave: since I'm only PT, I don't have any sort of payed Maternity Leave. Personally, I know how I felt after I had Grayson and going back to work at 6 week Part Time was relatively easy. I plan on just taking off until the new year and then start back working from home for a month or two.
    • During my Maternity Leave: Upon the recommendation of MANY MANY people, we have decided to keep Grayson in daycare while I'm on maternity leave. This way we give the undivided attention to Baby Girl that Grayson got, and also keep G on his schedule.
    • Nursery: is on it's way to being complete. We don't have much up on the walls yet (don't plan on putting much up)..I'll hopefully have a post soon to show it off. I'm totally in love with it!
    • Wainscotting in the house: we have this scheduled to be completed the last week of September...but we all know how construction dudes are:) I think it's going to be pushed into October. I work with the wife and she is going to push him to get to us very soon. I'm impatient to get it done because it totally transformed our nursery!
    • Double Stroller Update: we're waiting on this until after the baby is born. We're both still very torn on what we need...and feel that we won't really know what we need until we are out and about with both kids. Also, we figure we may get some good deals on something black friday if we wait (or even as a christmas gift if we so desire) Grayson has been using the stroller less and less, so it's starting not to make sense to go City Select/Britax B-Ready route.
    I think that's it on the updates!





     



    1 comment:

    1. Delia became very clingy with me also. Mommy had/has to do everything! You look so awesome - I can't believe you only have 56 days left.

      ReplyDelete