Wednesday, March 28, 2012


Oh Grayson, you have beautiful timing. 

Dan goes away on business for a couple days, G immediately comes down with a 104 temp. Sigh.  

The fever started Monday, and finally went down today. Grayson and I didn't sleep a wink last night. He got up every hour on the hour. Part of the problem is that he has a cold (runny nose and cough) so he kept waking himself up to cough. I had some Vick's Vapor Rub which worked some, but didn't stop it completely. At 5:00am we finally got up for the day and went downstairs to watch 101 Dalmatians. Right when the movie ended, G ended up falling asleep and stayed sleeping until about 9! I was sooo happy to get those couple hours of straight sleep! 

I tried to keep G entertained with indoor activities since we really couldn't go outside with his temp. At around 1ish I decided it was good time to put him down for a nap since he had started sucking his thumb. I put him down, go downstairs and receive a text from Dan saying that his plane had just landed "yey!", and that he'd be home in an hour......and then I hear a noise. I freaked out. I thought I heard a door rattle. WTH? So I start going upstairs and notice that G's bedroom door is open and as I get to the top of the stairs, he pops his little face out from MY bedroom and I about have a heart attack! We knew that he was almost there on climbing out since I've caught him a couple times with his legs over...but it's still oddly shocking that he finally did it. 

He kept climbing out of the crib until Dan got him and he was tired enough to not care were he slept. He's actually sleeping in the crib now as we speak...but we know he's are we since I didn't get much sleep and Dan had been travelling and not sleeping well.

Our plan is to convert his bed to the toddler bed this week/end. 


Speaking of weekend, I am finally going to see the HUNGER GAMES. So excited! I'm meeting up with two of my girlfriends for lunch and a matinee showing Saturday. Grayson will be excited too, since we are having his friend Dylan (and parents )over for dinner that night. We haven't gotten to see Dylan in a couple weekends! 


I started a mom's group in the neighborhood:)

It's been one of those things a couple of us have talked about, but never got around doing. I usually meet up with one other mom in the neighborhood whose son, Truit, is 2 months older than G. We just text and meet at the playground once a week or so after dinner. Easy peasy! All the kids are under 3 and two of the other moms are expecting a second child in the next couple of months. It'll probably just be a once a month thing, unless people are really into it, and then we can totally do more then that. We just want our kids to have something to do after dinner, and what's easier then playing with the neighbors! I'll keep you guys updated on our date! 



I was supposed to tour our pre-school of choice this morning, but obviously that appointment had to be cancelled. We will be touring on Friday. We decided to put G in a pre-school program since he doesn't have that much structure to his day at daycare. We got lucky and found a 2 year old program near us, that is once a week, for 3 hours a day. It's the perfect start for him. Once he hits 2 1/2, we can have him go twice a week for 3 hours. 

1 comment:

  1. Definitely update on the transition to the toddler bed! We'll be moving Delia into a twin bed late this summer and it makes me nervoussssss! I worry she'll never sleep. LOL.