Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy New Year

I really like New Year's Resolutions because I like to have goals in mind.
Here was my list for 2011 - I did pretty well! 


And my 2012 list:


1. Travel MORE with my family: Even though we took four trips last year, 2 of those trips were to CT. This year, I'd like to focus on travelling to places OTHER then CT:) 


2. Continue on our basement purge: While we did a GREAT job purging the basement last year, there are still things we can do to improve it's organization.


3. The "office" or "extra bedroom that we throw junk in" is in desperate need of a cleanout. 


4. Reading more. This is another big one. Last July I had started a book goal and was doing really well with it. During the holidays I kind scaled back a bit, but feel with the new year I can certainly make it my goal. I'm going to start with 25 books read before the end of the year. If you have book suggestions - I'd love to hear them! I've added a tab to the top of the blog and am leaving my book list up with links. I'm already on my third book for the year:)


5. Spend more time with my friends - make going for coffee, meeting up for dinner and girl movie nights a higher priority. I made a big career change just so I could have more balance in my life and I fully intend on taking advantage.


6. My last goal will be the same as last year's "Enjoy the Small things"


Enough about that. We need a quick weekend re-cap:


Our big news this week is that Grayson unbuckled his seatbelt - just the top part - and we *think* he may have figured out the bottom, but aren't sure whether it was just a brain-fart on our end. Thanks to Facebook, we got some great suggestions on how to help prevent G from unbuckling and are going to work on implementing some of the strategies suggested. 


Saturday evening, we got to have a playdate with Zach! It was very fun for both kids and parents.I'm so excited that Christina and Brian are welcoming another little baby into their lives in June. Only 4 more weeks until they find out the sex and we can get shopping!  


We ALSO got to spend time with our friends Chris and Lisa Sunday evening for dinner. I'm pretty sure we're going to start inviting ourselves over to their place every Sunday. Chris is an AMAZING cook and totally spoils our tastebuds every time we visit. It doesn't hurt that G loves his rough play! 


That's about it! 







Photobucket

Fist Bumping!




Photobucket

Hugs goodbye:)

No comments:

Post a Comment